Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
These people are clueless parts 3-5

These people are clueless parts 3-5

Reply Post New Topic

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-08-08 | 08:30 AM
  • I was getting ready to leave Lukas with my parents, and he was asleep. I made sure I left the monitor on, and as I was getting ready to leave, I heard him starting to cry. My mom was chewing my ear off at the time, so I was waiting for her to give me a word in edgewise so I could tell her I needed to get the baby. Lukas was starting to get a little loud. Suddenly she looked at me and asked, "What's that noise?" Uh - your GRANDSON???

Luckily I was able to get him and make sure she was paying attention to him before I left. Turn up your hearing aid, mom!

Then my dad decides he's going to fix my downstairs powder room sink. The stopper doesn't come up all the way, so the water drains slowly. The sink is a pedestal sink, so all the plumbing is behind the pedestal. A couple of hours later, I used the bathroom and was washing my hands when I heard water pouring out somewhere. I bent down, and now the water drains really well - right onto the bathroom floor!

I mopped up the water and told my dad. I suggested I call a plumber. "No, no, no! I'll fix it." Of course it still leaks, "just a little bit." Grrr. I should have remembered the time he replaced my brake pads in high school, installed them backwards against the rotors and almost killed me.

Last night they were babysitting the boys while dh and I went to the Sox game. Got home and found out my dad put Marek to bed. My mom said she went up there and found both of them asleep in the rocker. I have never had him fall asleep before I put him in bed, so I asked what time this was. She said 9:30 - "we let him stay up a little bit." Ugh. So he was up 90 minutes past his bedtime, and of course woke up at the normal time this morning. He's going to be pleasant today :reyes:

All in all, things are going better than I expected, but I'm definitely getting ready for them to go home!
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 06-08-08 | 10:32 AM
  • sorry rudi, its almost time for them to leave right
  • jesswho jesswho's Avatar 06-08-08 | 12:44 PM
  • You are a better person than I am. Any parent that stays here gets 1 - 2 nights MAX! After that they are afraid of me and ready to leave. I am SO not a parent person!
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 06-08-08 | 03:43 PM
  • Yikes, I will hope that there trip winds up fast...

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work