Baby Corner

Old 08-31-05, 12:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Question Doll Cakes ~ Feline!

Kelli made me realize that I needed to order Julia's birthday cake for next weekend. She wants a doll cake but our local grocery stores doesn't make them. So, lucky me (and my sister) are going to give it a whirl. I know you have boys Andi but have you ever made a doll cake? I'm afraid of it not being cooked through enough. Any tips?

Old 08-31-05, 01:40 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

are you talking about the one that you use a barbie dolls upper body?? if so and you are using the wilton pan it has a metal tube that goes up the center to distribute heat up the center. I bought the pan for my DDs first bday and made her cake and it came out great, I don't have any pics on this computer but i might be able to find one if you want to see it.

Old 08-31-05, 07:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

If you have a pic that would be great. I'm thinking of using the star tip all over. Do you think that would work??

Old 08-31-05, 09:26 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

yes that would work great, Ilike to use buttercream frosting for this type of cake, I would share the recipe i loved using if only i could find it. It was realy easy it only had butter and confections sugar. But i can't find that recipe but try and find a recipe that dosn't have egg in it, or you can buy some at cake decorating store
i will see if my DH has the program to take pics off our video camera on this new computer and try and get you one tommorrow but it was my first real cake and i have learned alot since then LOL

Latest Articles
Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

Baby Names for Spring Babies
If you are looking for a unique baby name for your Spring baby, look no further. Check out these names for your Spring baby boy or girl.

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date
New guidelines for a more accurate estimation of conception date and due date have been introduced by the American College of Gynecologists and Obstetricians and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.

May 2016 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Banyan 6 weeks" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Laceyrellaford!

Calculators & Tools