Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

encouraging news

Reply Post New Topic

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 08-29-08 | 02:48 PM
  • So after talking with Sarah's teacher from last year, I'm a little more hopeful of what's going on.

Sarah's teacher last year happens to have 2 kids of her own who had the same problems as Sarah. They both had tethered cords and the surgery to fix it.

She told me that after the MRI, they tell people 1 of 2 things.
    they either say #1: no problems detected.
    or #2: here's your referral to see the neurologist.

so they don't say "yes, it's a tethered cord" at all at this stage, only the neurologist actually makes that determination.
    But that if you're referred to the neurologist, then it's prettymuch a done deal.

That information itself was SUPER helpful.

I also then found out that her 2 kids also had the same Neurologist that Sarah has been referred to and as it turns out., the Dr is just about #1 in the nation for this.
    Apparently, she practically pioneered the Tethered Cord surgery and is a master in the field. I'm so relieved..
    If you're interested, here's a short article about Dr. Wehby and what she does
    [URL="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5309511&ft=1&f=1007/trackback/"][SIZE=2]http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5309511&ft=1&f=1007/trackback/[/SIZE][/URL]
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 08-29-08 | 05:37 PM
  • Ahh a ray of hope finally! What a coinsidense that Sarah's teacher happened to have experience with this. Its really a small world sometimes.

Too bad it took so much time and stress to get this far though.
  • Jillian Jillian's Avatar 08-29-08 | 07:57 PM
  • That is awesome news!! You are so close to being right there and knowing what is going on ... less than 6 weeks for that!!
    As a parent it's great relief to have an "expert" in the field doing the procedure. She seems like an awesome doctor to deal with!!
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 08-29-08 | 10:08 PM
  • That's GREAT news!

I'm so happy there's finally a light appearing at the end of what I'm sure has been a very long tunnel.
  • dhortonh dhortonh's Avatar 09-01-08 | 12:45 AM
  • What a relief knowing that there is someone who can relate to Sarah's condition and also having the BEST DR to fix it. Keep us updated.