Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Johnny Appleseed

Reply Post New Topic

• Mellie Mellie's Avatar 10-03-08 | 09:22 AM
  • Our school (well, the second grade) has been studying Johnny Appleseed this week. They have a play in their reading textbook that they've been reading and practicing in class, had to bring in an apple for "apple lab" (I'm guessing they're making applesauce).

And, today was dress up like Johnny Appleseed. So, I put some old jeans on him (with a hole in the knee) rolled them up, put him in a plaid button shirt-it was wrinkled and needed to be ironed, but I figured that would add to the authenticity. He tried on one of my cooking pots (remember he wore a stew pot on his head) and decided that was too heavy to wear. Then we argued over if he could go barefoot- he claimed he had "itchy feet" just like Johnny so he needed to leave his shoes at home.

Anyone else have Johnny Appleseed week?
  • Jillian Jillian's Avatar 10-03-08 | 10:30 AM
  • Julia's school did it last week I think. They brought home a paper hat that had a part sticking out of the side for the pot. They also did apple taste testing and the teacher read the story to them.
    I love the hands on things they do!!
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 10-03-08 | 11:26 AM
  • I don't remember DD (4th grade) ever learning about Johnny Appleseed I will have to ask her, and Christian hasn't said anything about it yet this year.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 10-03-08 | 01:48 PM
  • How cute! What a fun way to learn about somebody.

Leanna had a 1-page reading that was about Johnny Appleseed but that is all I've seen on the subject.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-03-08 | 01:53 PM

• itchy feet!

Sarah came home last week (I think it was last week ) spouting stuff about Johnny Appleseed, but I'm not sure they did anything out of the ordinary for that. She never had to dress up or anything

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work