Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Sarah is sick

Reply Post New Topic

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-25-08 | 02:25 PM
  • but I'm not entirely sure she got what the rest of the school has/had.

Tuesday night, she had a couple of loose-ish stools that were green-ish. Not normal for her for certain.
    Wednesday, I had her stay home because she said her tummy was hurting on and off. DH thought I was crazy and she was fine.

By last night, she was beginning to start a temperature and didn't have an appetite for dinner. She had a couple bites and that was it.
    Still her tummy cramps have been on and off. She goes from feeling fine to not fine back and forth.

This morning, her temp is 99.6. She says her tummy and head are fine but her heart is thumping.
    I went to feel her heart and it's RACING!!
    She's just been sitting in bed (or on the couch) all morning long.
    so there is NO reason for her heart to be racing.

I made a Drs appt for 2:30 (soonest we could get in ) to check her out. Something is not right and I'm pretty sure it's not the same gastro- bug that the rest of the school got.
  • Jillian Jillian's Avatar 09-25-08 | 03:30 PM
  • I hope she's feeling better. Let us know what the doc says!
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 09-25-08 | 04:58 PM
  • I hope it doesn't last long.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-25-08 | 10:08 PM
  • so I took her to the Dr.
    By the time we went to the Dr, her temperature was starting to come down and her heart wasn't racing quite so bad anymore. I'm hoping this was a turning point day for her.

The Dr tested for Strep. Negative
    The Dr tested for a UTI. Negative
    The Dr hooked her up to the EKG again. She had one a month or so ago because the recommend children on the ADHD medications to be monitored.
    This time, the Dr did find something irregular in her heart rhythem. Her heart was running a smidge fast, but not 'abnormal' he said. But the rhythem was abnormal and he said that the Ditropan that she's on can cause whatever the anomoly was to happen.
    So he told me to stop the Ditropan (that's her medication to dry her up and help keep her from peeing her pants).

Of course we're definately going to stop the meds and hope that THAT was what was going on. BUT, without those meds, she's going to have even more accidents
    Its no win. I swear.

2 weeks exactly until her Pediatric Neurologist appt.
    I hope she doesn't have a ton of accidents between now and then... and moreover... between now and her surgery.

So I'm hoping she'll wake up perfectly fine. I will still be keeping her home tomorrow. But I'm hoping she's fine. Saturday, she had a birthday party to go to (her best friend's little brother which is Andrew's best friend who lives across the street from us).
    Not sure if she should go to the party even if she is feeling better by tomorrow.

So that's it in a nutshell.
  • Jillian Jillian's Avatar 09-26-08 | 08:16 AM
  • I hope you get some answers really soon and that Sarah doesn't have much more accidents. How is she feeing today?

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work