Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

38 Week Check-Up

Reply Post New Topic

• wendysue611 wendysue611's Avatar 05-22-09 | 03:43 PM
  • Today was my 38 Week appointment. Last week they did the Group B Strep test which came back negative and had my blood drawn for a complete blood count. My blood is back up to where it should be from the beginning of my pregnancy. Heartbeat was nice and strong. Everything looking good! Just need that baby to come now. LOL

Since I haven't been feeling any contractions yet, they will start checking my cervix next week (39 weeks) for any changes if I don't deliver before then. But it could still be any day. Although I have a feeling I still have at least a week.

Lila is as active as ever! Twisting, turning, rolling and definitely dropping. I haven't really had any problems with her up in my ribs like I used to and have had an increase in pressure on my bladder, pelvic region and lower back pain. I've had minimal swelling in my feet and ankles but it's very common at this stage my OB told me. Plus we've had some very warm weather this last week which adds to it. So it's just a waiting game now! I hope she decides to make an early appearance as I've got the big dance recital performance on June 13th. I'm pretty much the stage manager/producer and not to mention my 20-something classes and soloists performing too. Good timing huh!

If there's any other ladies getting ready to deliver soon, I wish you the best. I'm still following all my friends in the July-Sept board and now Jeanne in the January-March 2010!! I love reading about all of your updates as you all progress.

I hope to be joining you ladies in the PlayGroup board soon!
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 05-22-09 | 03:47 PM
  • Glad to hear everything is going well, Wendy. I am sure you are ready to have her OUT, lol. Sounds like you are still feeling pretty good even at 38 weeks! I hope I am the same! I can't believe you are this close to delivering! Wow! You guys must be so excited (and nervous, lol) I would love to see another pic of that belly!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
wendysue611 (05-27-09)
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 05-26-09 | 06:17 PM
  • Any day now! I can't wait to read your birth story! Its all so exciting!!!!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
wendysue611 (05-27-09)
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 05-26-09 | 06:36 PM
  • WendySue you are so close. Just think in a couple weeks you will be at home with your little girl. Your gonna be nice and sleep deprived for that recital...but totally worth every minute of it.
Thank you Keepers!
wendysue611 (05-27-09)
  • AshFind06 05-26-09 | 08:15 PM
  • glad to hear everything is going good can't wait to see those pix of little girl.....good luck
Thank you AshFind06!
wendysue611 (05-27-09)