Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Another for April 2008 :)

Reply Post New Topic

• susie susie's Avatar 08-10-07 | 10:21 PM
  • Hi ladies

I confirmed at the doctor's office today, that I'm

My first prenatal appointment is set for 9/10- gee that sounds like it's very far away.

This will be baby #3 for us. My oldest is Julia, she'll be 6 years old in 12 days, and Ryan is 13 months! Once I have baby #3, Ryan will be 21 months!

If anyone has children close in age, please give me some parenting advice because I'm a little scared!
  • 3Princes 08-10-07 | 10:35 PM

•  
    Congrats! My first baby is an April baby!

Josh was 21 months when Matthew was born and let me tell you... I worried for nothing. He adores his baby brother and has from the moment he laid eyes on him. I'd read everything I could and it said that you shouldn't be holding the baby when your older child comes in, etc. so I didn't. I just said hi to Josh and he was kind of running around and after about 40 seconds he noticed Matthew, and said "BABY BABY BABY BABY!!!!!" and ran up to the bassinet trying to get a peek inside. He looked at me as if to say "uh hello mother there is a baby here and you aren't even holding it." I was figuring that would wear off pretty quickly, but 6 months later he still adores his brother.
    The thing for me was that everyone was offering to take Josh when the baby was born when really what I needed was for someone to hold Matthew while I spent some time with Josh.
    Congrats!
  • **Jennifer** **Jennifer**'s Avatar 08-11-07 | 08:46 PM
  • Congratulations on your BFP mine are all right around 4 years apart so I don't have any advice there but I am sure it will be fine! Our 1st was born in 2000 the 2nd 2004 and the 3rd will be 2008!!
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 08-12-07 | 09:11 PM
  • My first two are almost four years apart and this baby will be just over 3 years younger than the middle one.
    My big guy adores his little brother. I think the key is to simply adore each child individually and as a family. Once they know their spot in your heart is safe, you're good to go. In terms of household mgmt., it's all about organization and consistency.

• Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 08-13-07 | 09:08 AM

•  
    Congratulations!!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work