Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Ectopic...leaving DIA

Reply Post New Topic

• eds1999 eds1999's Avatar 08-15-07 | 08:17 AM
  • [SIZE=2]Well ladies, I have bad news. Monday I discovered that my pregnancy was ectopic. I woke up very early with some pain and discomfort. I actually thought it was back problems, since I have them, and I went to the chiropractor that morning, then for my HCG bloodwork. When I got home, I had some spotting after trying to go the bathroom and I called the nurse. She called later to tell my my HCG dropped from 942 to 500 something and that I needed to come in for a U/S. I told her about the pain on my side and suspected ectopic.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I had my u/s monday around 3 pm. On my way home, not 10 minutes after I was on the road, the Dr's office called and said "you need to come into the office right now". I was so scared that I couldn't even cry. Dr. saw us and said that there was a gestational sac and something that looked like a corpus luteum up near my tube and some fluid in my abdomen. Since she said it could be blood, they'd like to do a laparoscopy and D&C that night. Next thing I know, I'm being prepped for surgery (which I've never ever had).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]She went in, removed the fluid (which wasn't blood thank god), removed the ectopic embryo and didn't have to cut my tube at all (she was extremely optimistic about that) and removed everything else w/ the D&C. It was hard to believe how positive the dr. was. She said how common this was and that she was so happy that I was able to get pg and that this was like "priming" my body for the next pregnancy. She wants us to get right back at it in a couple cycles.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I don't know why, but ever since we got pg, I was on edge. Because the worst always seems to happen, I was just waiting for the bottom to drop out. I was worried about my HCG #'s (and I asked dr and she still says they were totally fine up until mon).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So now I'm kinda recovering, mentally and physically. We were so happy about our 1st little bean. DH is already talking about how we're going to be pg again. I can't even think about it. Unfortunately i have to continue going for HCG bloodwork to make sure we get back to zero. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So that's my story. I will still be rooting for all you ladies here in DIApril! Good luck...I'm sure I'll pop in and say hi![/SIZE]
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 08-15-07 | 08:35 AM

•  
    I'm so sorry- it's heartbreaking....

I am glad that you caught it soon enough and there's no damage.... take time to heal.... you do need it-- and when you are ready to try again you will know!

• **Jennifer** **Jennifer**'s Avatar 08-15-07 | 08:56 AM
  • I am so so sorry!!! Like your doc said it shows that you are able to get pregnant. Good luck trying again when you are ready!!!
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 08-15-07 | 09:01 AM

•  
    I'm so sorry Erica.

It's good news that it was caught early and you suffered no permanent damage..

Thinking of you and hoping you heal physically and emotionally very soon.

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 08-15-07 | 10:09 AM
  • Oh, Erica -- that just stinks!!!

I've had a m/c and d&c and I know the total heartbreak it can bring. Greive your loss for as long as you need and when you are ready, then look to the future. I'm glad that your doctor was able to spare you damage and I hope this brings you another BFP when the time is right for you and DH. When you get that BFP, come over to the DIA board again so we can cheer you on.

Until then --

-Sarah