Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

I Feel Like Ass

Reply Post New Topic

• Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 10-22-09 | 08:33 PM
  • Yeah, hang in there- it will get better. For most people the first part of the pregnancy is when they feel physically the worst- and it was for me. The second trimester is SO much better! I had to eat crackers first thing in the morning and couldn't handle drinking coffee anymore- you will find things that work for you too. And IA- drink LOTS and get as much rest as you can. Exercise also helped me feel better- I know, it's the LAST thing you feel like doing right now, but it REALLY helped my nausea, helped me sleep better, and have a little more energy. A good prenatal yoga or pilates dvd would be good- or just a walk around the block!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
TheWeatherGirl (10-23-09)
  • lynn012 lynn012's Avatar 10-23-09 | 12:18 PM

•  

I too had horrible nausea and morning sickness my first trimester.

What worked for me to curb the nausea was ritz crackers and angel food cake! Just plain angel food cake, no frosting on it or anything.

Get plenty of rest.. This will soon pass, and you'll be up bouncin around again in no time!!

• CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 10-25-09 | 09:14 PM
  • Snack a little bit all day. As soon as I start feeling icky I eat just a small snack. Having an empty stomach is a one way ticket to pukesville

Once you get a handle on the things you can eat without feeling sick it'll help a lot too. I've got no variety in my day to day food, it's always yogurt, crackers, grapes, cheese and fruit, and plenty of ice cold water.

Luckily most people won't feel icky the whole time. Things start to level off as the second trimester approaches (thank goodness!!!!)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work