Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Interesting...

Reply Post New Topic

• LAB LAB's Avatar 11-05-08 | 12:05 AM
  • We just got a notice from our insurance. We get one every time a claim is made. It showed a billing of $150 from my OB for the U/S they did at 10 weeks. The insurance paid all but my copay that I paid that day! I was told by the OB's billing lady that it wouldn't be billed if the OB did an U/S for a medical need, but I wonder if she meant that it would be covered so I wouldn't be billed independently or what?

I'm confused completely! I'm going to call my insurance company tomorrow and see if this is the one U/S that they cover per pg or if this is a "medical need" U/S and that's why they covered it. The OB schedules an actual tech to do the 20 week U/S and all that, so I'm wondering if the insurance sees them different or what not.

I'm confused and I hope this means my insurance is better then what I was told and will cover the 20 week U/S! Hopefully I'll find out soon. I'd love to get in by Thanksgiving!

Laura

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 11-05-08 | 12:20 AM
  • Golly -- I hope you get them both covered! Good Luck and let us know!
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 11-05-08 | 08:08 AM
  • I would call the dr first and find out if they used a code on the claim that indicated it was a medical need (vs a different code the insurace claim that would have meant it wasnt medically necessary)- then call the insurace co and confirm converage for all medically necessary u/s.... good luck!
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 11-05-08 | 05:54 PM
  • And they said.....?????
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 11-05-08 | 08:05 PM
  • Can you believe I totally flaked out on calling

I swear I need a personal assistant!

Laura

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work