Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Siblings

Reply Post New Topic

• holly302 11-10-08 | 01:36 PM
  • for those of you who are having baby #2 and beyond, have you told the siblings yet? If so, what was their reaction (s)? if you havent told yet, when do you plan on to?
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 11-10-08 | 01:51 PM
  • There was no point in holding back the news. My girls knew almost immediately! They were making comments about the new baby before I knew I was pg! Now they had been asking for a baby for yrs and I had kept using my stock line of "maybe someday", but they were positive a new baby was coming. Within days of taking my + HPT they were trying to pick things out for the new baby in the store and all sorts of things. We felt it best to tell them right away so they knew what was going on. I was so sick that it helped to explain what was going on so they didn't worry. Nicole especially really worries about me and gets a bit distressed if I'm sick or hurting. She's right there holding my hand or trying to rub my feet so I feel better! They have been a great help! It is a long wait for them, but they are very involved in the process and love to look through my pg books!

Laura

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 11-10-08 | 05:50 PM
  • My boys knew from the start and even got to go to the 7.5 week U/S at the REs...

They are beyond excited and ready to have baby in their rooms, beds, whatever!!

I'm loving it!
  • holly302 11-10-08 | 06:53 PM
  • Michael actually was the one who knew i was pg before i even did...we were all dog piled in our bed watching tv and he patted my belly and said "hi baby." i believe it was a week later, give or take, that i got a +hpt. so, he was literally the first to know.

lola is still wayyyy too young to understand. michael is thrilled he is getting a baby brother. his first words after we found out the gender was, "finally!"

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work