Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > April - June Due Date Club >
Today's prenatal appointment

Today's prenatal appointment

Reply Post New Topic

• nisey79 nisey79's Avatar 01-18-10 | 05:24 PM
  • So today I had my second prenatal appointment. It mostly went well. I've gained three pounds since my last appointment in December and baby's heart rate was at 160. The only stressful thing is now come Wednesday morning I have to go into the hospital to have a cerclage put in. My Dr. doesn't want any surprises this time around so he is just going to go ahead and put the cerclage in and hopefully not end up in a bed rest situation like I did with my twins. *sigh* At least everything is fine and is normal and this is just a precautionary measure. But still. Oh well. How is everyone else doing?
  • cshannon91 01-18-10 | 09:59 PM
  • Yay! Im glad everything is going good! Minus the cerlcage. Not sure what that is.

Everything is going great on my end!
    im glad to see everyone is doing good! well thats what it sounds like.!
  • CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 01-19-10 | 10:07 AM
  • Fingers crossed! Hoping you can avoid bed rest this time around!!
  • nisey79 nisey79's Avatar 01-19-10 | 10:22 AM
  • cshannon: a cerclage in when they stitch your cervix closed to prevent it from opening up early. That's what happened to me with my twins. It started to funnel and open up!
  • tracyann 01-19-10 | 12:10 PM
  • Glad it all went well. The cerclage will make you feel better in the long run. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Great how you doc is so proactive btw.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!