Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

What's your plan ?

Reply Post New Topic

• Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 08-09-07 | 10:45 AM
  • At this early stage what have you got planned as far as delivery?

OB
    doula
    midwife

home birth
    hospital
  • **Jennifer** **Jennifer**'s Avatar 08-09-07 | 11:20 AM
  • Mine 1st 2 came so quick! Garrett was 2 hours (my 1st) and I didn't know what was happening so I waited it out and barely made it to the hospital (got pulled over, DH ran a light) and there was a train stopped on the tracks. He was 1 week early. Thankfully we were only 6 miles from the hospital at the time. With Jake as soon as I had the 1st contraction, we hit the road because the hospital is 45 min since we had moved and I knew what was happening. I didn't even wear shoes to the hospital. It was 1 hour from start to finish and DH wasn't even in the room with me I was alone because he had to stay outside with Garrett. Our friend didn't make it in time to watch Garrett for us. He was 2 weeks early. I was forced to have both of them natural. So, I said all of that to say this..... If the trend continues, we will have 30 minutes to get to the hospital (won't make it, it is 45 away) and the baby will be 3 weeks early. With the 1st 2 I had no pre-labor that I felt. The 1st contraction with Jake was hard and the next one was 2 minutes later! There is just no warning. I will be happy just to make it to the hospital!
  • **Jennifer** **Jennifer**'s Avatar 08-09-07 | 11:22 AM
  • Oh, and both of my boys were delivered by a midwife and both times I saw OB's the entire pregnancy. The midwives were the ones on call.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 08-09-07 | 01:54 PM
  • At this point it will be with my OB and in the hospital because I am planning on a scheduled C-section..
  • eds1999 eds1999's Avatar 08-09-07 | 03:37 PM
  • well this is my 1st....we will probably be heading to the hospital 30 min away. their birthing rooms are like little apartments, very nice. i have read a ton about doulas though...never talked to anyone who used one...are they like midwives?

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work