Baby Corner Logo
Baby Corner Message Board »  »    April - June Due Date Club »  

Baby Garrett is here! Print Version

MrsS1stbaby 06-04-11 04:06 PM

Baby Garrett is here!

Thanks everyone for thinking of me! Excuse me if this is short, but I wrote this out earlier today but it kicked me out for too many characters and my parents wil be here soon.

Garrett Byron was born via c-section on 06/01/11 at 8:01am, 7lbs 1oz, 19.5 inches long. Not that much bigger than his sister~ I was a little down the night before surgery, but I guess my womb was too cozy. After the surgery, my doc said that my uterus wall near my old scar was actually very thin and it is probably a good thing I did not labor like I wanted. So I guess it worked out for the best.

Garrett is taking well to breastfeeding, but I think we still need to pratice on the latch. I think he is not opening wide enough. The oain meds for the surgery actually help take the edge off! Sometimes it is VERY painful and I am so close to giving up. But I am also engorged and trying to remember the awful 1st week I had with Kendall and how I stuck that out, so hopefully we will get past this and onto smooth sailing. I did pump a bit earlier today just to get some relief and was amazed how much I got after only 5 minutes.

Kendall has been doing pretty well; she seems excited and happy that her brother is here and is a willing helper. Sometimes she is a little too helpful and is not listening when we tell her to stop or that he doesn't need to be burped right now, etc. But all in all, she is doing well.

Dopey406 06-04-11 09:01 PM

Congratulations! :bboy:

lauralkemp 06-05-11 12:17 AM

:bboy::dance::hyper: Congratulations!!

rudolphia 06-05-11 08:22 AM

Congratulations!

babybob 06-05-11 11:51 AM

congratulations, my little one is now 16 days old and she has put on 13oz.