Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Another pesty prego ?? "ohhh Brandi"

Another pesty prego ?? "ohhh Brandi"

Reply Post New Topic

• TLBT TLBT's Avatar 03-05-10 | 09:23 AM
  • Gesh, you'd think this was my first baby!! this pregnancy has been anything but text book I'll tell ya ....
    so when I went for my U/S they said my placenta is anterior (in front) my dr didn't say much about it except thats why I dont feel the baby much and the hb was difficult to find .... so I of course google it (big mistake!!!) and it mentioned c-sections (which I will be having my 3rd) can be complicated by this and bleeding is a big risk .... WTH now I'm all worried about it and i know my dr will not go for a vbac (& I really dont want one anyways) so who if anyone has had this (w/a section) or knows someone who did -- I was thinking Brandi you migh thave some knowledge of this ??? thanks again ladies, Your all life savers
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 03-05-10 | 01:48 PM
  • Typically your placenta would move up as your uterus grows and it's probably still going to be in the front but it'll be at the top... no where near the incision line. I would think that what you have read about bleeding is just because the placenta is so vascular and if you were to cut it then it'll bleed like crazy but if it continues to move up with your uterus (like it should...) there should be no problems... I have never saw anyone have any complications with an anterior placenta. I'm sure everything will be just fine!
  • TLBT TLBT's Avatar 03-05-10 | 02:19 PM
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I probably picked the worst case scenerio to read ... why doesnt that surprise me LOL ... thank you again : 0 )
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 03-05-10 | 04:59 PM
  • Exactly what Brandi said! I've had this placenta position for all of my kids and they monitored it to make sure it went up and out of the C-section place even though I was going for a vaginal birth. My placenta was so low that I had placenta previa with the girls as well. That's where it was covering the cervix. It happily moved up as I got bigger and wasn't a problem at all!

Laura