Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

c section ?

Reply Post New Topic

• teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 01-18-10 | 01:40 PM
  • My last section was under general anesthesia and this one will be with a spinal. Does anyone know if there is a difference in how long after the birth I have to wait to eat solid foods? Dh is asking what I want him to bring me up for lunch after the birth and I am not sure I will be eating before breakfast the next day-that is how long they made me wait last time. The surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am.
    Thanks!
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 01-18-10 | 03:03 PM
  • I don't know. You could make a quick call to the nurses station and I bet they could tell you! It might vary by hospital or region.

I've only had epidurals, but they let me eat right away after. Legs were still not sea worthy, but I was eating

Laura

• Patience Patience's Avatar 01-18-10 | 03:04 PM
  • I was able to eat later the same day with spinal. You'll have a much easier recovery with spinal. It is great! You aren't to eat after midnight before the surgery but once you are feeling up to it you can pretty much eat any time after the spinal. I think it wore off after about 2 hours.

I don't remember eating anything exciting but that is just me. LOL!
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 01-18-10 | 03:19 PM
  • The hospital I was at was different then. They had me on a liquid/bland type of diet until the 2nd day. I remember the 1st night I convinced the nurse to bring me a popsicle & some jello b/c I was starving! I can't remember if I was allowed to eat breakfast the second day or if it was until after lunch. I remember being told that I couldn't eat the regular hospital food until after I passed gas....I think I might have fibbed b/c I couldn't take it anymore and knew I was no longer queasy!
  • TLBT TLBT's Avatar 01-18-10 | 05:28 PM
  • I had epi with my first, spinal w/2nd and I ate the next day regular diet, they said not to eat anything too heavy (like greasy burgers ect) I probably could have eaten the same day w/Ty but I dont think i was hungry (I had Eric at 11:15pm)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work