Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
can i get some sleepn

can i get some sleepn

Reply Post New Topic

• samuelsmommy408 01-27-10 | 02:12 AM
  • ok my son samuel will be 11month and he has always slpet all night long ever since brith i had to set my alarm every 3hr to wake him up and nurse . when he was about 9month old he got so sick ,he could not hold down any food he was like that for about 1wk during that time he refused to sleep so i felt bad so when he would wake up i would lay him in bed with me so we both could gets some sleep now omost 2month later i feel like i have a newborn all over .. what could cause this sudden change in sleep pattern i could see if he always had a sleep problem but thats not the case im tierd hes tierd we just need some sleep.. has anyone had the problem n what can i do .. can i give him tea or is that bad ..lol

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 01-27-10 | 09:49 AM
  • Tea? No, I would not give him any tea. He should only be having breastmilk or formula & baby food at 11months old. Besides, tea has caffeine!!

Sounds like you need to start putting him back in his own crib. This may take some time. I bet the ladies in the playgroup for your son's age (2009 I am assuming) will have lots of advice as many of them have gone through their own sleep issues; we all do! Good luck!

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 01-27-10 at 10:35 AM..
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-27-10 | 09:53 AM

•  
    We've all felt sleep deprived--it's one of the "joys" of parenthood!

Come on over to the 2009 board and chat with other mommies (myself included) who have babies born in 2009.

In the meantime, skip the tea--that's a no-no. Try moving him back into his own crib and keep the same bedtime routine every night. This may take a week or so for him to get used to but eventually he'll learn and you'll both be getting a lot more rest.

For more advice from other moms in your situation, visit us on the 2009 Babies board.

• Keepers Keepers's Avatar 01-27-10 | 10:11 AM
  • I think tea would do the opposite of what you want!
    I dont have any advice because I have a 5 yo that still gets up in the middle of the night and has since he was a baby. Good luck to you soon. I hope you get it figured out so that you both can get a good nights sleep.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work