Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Do you eat what your kids eat?

Do you eat what your kids eat?

Reply Post New Topic

• raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 08-17-10 | 02:48 PM
  • Excluding family dinner, do you normally eat what your kids eat for lunch and breakfast or do you fix a seperate "grown-up meal" (i.e. most likely leftovers!)? If you don't eat what they do, does this ever cause problems?
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 08-17-10 | 03:13 PM
  • Other than dinner, no. Mostly my girls eat chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, hot dogs, pizza bagels and PB&J.

For bfast, sometimes they will eat the same thing. For awhile, they both were in a kick of having over easy eggs w/ toast. They mostly will have pork rolls, sausages, bagel w/ cream cheese or french toast sticks.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 08-17-10 | 03:27 PM
  • For the most part, Kendall eats what we eat. Once in awhile at lunch (on the weekends), she may get a PB&J or vienna sausages while we get ham & cheese or leftovers. That's only b/c she's not a fan of traditional sandwiches. Or if we already ate and/or we are in a rush, we'll give her a Gerber toddler meal-they heat up in 30 seconds and she gobbles 'em down!
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 08-17-10 | 04:17 PM
  • Joseph has the same food as us sometimes and sometimes he doesn't depends on the meal and how up I am for a battle. He loves quesidillas, pizza, hamburgers, chicken, hot dogs and most fruit. He refuses straight veggies(except carrots) right now but as he gets older we'll work on rewards for vegetables. Right now he's only 18 months and reasoning doesn't work for him so I sneak veggies through V8 juice and gerber toddler meals tha the just gobbles up.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 08-17-10 | 05:15 PM
  • Breakfast and lunch are usually fend for yourself meals. If I feel well enough to cook something, then we all eat the same thing. Otherwise the girls have options and make it themselves. Everett eats what I eat and tries to get bites of his sisters food as well. When the girls were small I never made multiple meals. I always try to make sure that I have one thing that I know they'll eat at a meal. The option is there that they can eat what I make or starve. There have been times when they chose to starve

they are good eaters now though and have realized that we only make good food!

Laura

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work