Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Do you ever cook dinner for neighbors

Do you ever cook dinner for neighbors

Reply Post New Topic

• savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 06-18-08 | 12:17 PM
  • or friends? I'm talking about cooking it and just taking it to them to be nice not inviting them over for dinner.

I recently have cooked dinner a few times for one of our church friends that has some health issues in her family and then I cooked dinner Monday night for our neighbors that took care of our animals while we were on vacation.

My church friends called and thanked us and complimented the food etc but it took them 5 weeks to get me my dishes back and all they had to do was take them to church with them.

My neighbor has not returned the 2 dishes yet and honestly knowing them it might be 5 weeks. They never return a thing they borrow.

I just don't get it. On top of that the guy came over yesterday afternoon , chatted with me and Randy by the pool then asked Randy to borrow something from the garage. Never mentioned dinner to me, but 3 hours later Randy said " oh yeah Steve said to tell you that dinner was great last night"

Odd..
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 06-18-08 | 12:29 PM
  • No..I have never done that.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 06-18-08 | 01:02 PM
  • Nope, never have. But I was thinking about doing that for my friend after she has her baby, which will be in a week or 2 I'm sure. I was planning on using one of those throw away type baking dishes.

And I don't think it's that odd for a man to forget to thank you for a meal, lol!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 06-18-08 | 01:23 PM
  • We do this often for our church family and our previous neighbors (not our new neighbors--we don't know them well enough and they're all pretty private).

I use those Glad bakeware "dishes" you find in the plastic bag/foil aisle. They're meant to be used for things like that. I don't want to risk my things not coming home, so I use those and tell them that they don't need to return it unless they want to. Occasionally they've been returned to us. Usually not, though.
  • Twinkies_Mom Twinkies_Mom's Avatar 06-18-08 | 01:26 PM
  • I have done that for a friend of mine after she had her c-section. I baked a lasagna in one of those disposable tin dishes. It took her a while to comment and say thanks but I attributed that to her being busy with the baby.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work