Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Do you ever get those moments where you realize

Do you ever get those moments where you realize

Reply Post New Topic

• savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 08-23-10 | 09:02 AM
  • that you are whining or complaining or stressing out over something so UNIMPORTANT in the grand scheme of things?

I feel so petty sometimes when I look around me. I was listening to the radio on Friday. Locally they were doing a phone in thing for St. Judes and our local Childrens hospital. Talk about sad.

Then we have a good friend at church who is also a Middle School Principal, heads up the childrens dept. at church (over 400 kids on Sunday), volunteers to coach numerous sports even tough his kids are grown up and in HS and college etc... He was just told 2 weeks ago that he has Lou Gehrigs disease.

An old HS friends 16 year old son was killed in a car accident last week. His funeral was last Sat. His father was out of town on a motorcycle trip up in South Dakota and had to drive back knowing his son was dead. How horrible!

Putting your life in perspective really is humbling.. things could be so much worse and I'm reminded daily that I should be grateful for healthy kids, happy home and the many blessings I've been given.

Don't take a moment for granted!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-23-10 | 09:13 AM
  • Yes. A local little girl passed away three weeks ago and we did the tribute video for her funeral. She was 6 years old and had been fighting cancer since she was 2. It's all she ever knew and seeing all those photos of her with her family was heartbreaking.

Sometimes I think I need to take a step back and not worry about the playroom being clean or the kitchen floor being mopped--and just hug my kids and husband.
  • 3Princes 08-23-10 | 03:35 PM
  • Yes, definitely. I have gotten way better at keeping things in perspective now, though. DH and I were just talking last night about how blessed we think we are, and how we see so many people who have "more" than we do, acting like their lives suck all the time.
    As long as myself, dh, and the kids are ok, we are definitely blessed.
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 08-23-10 | 06:54 PM
  • Totally know what you mean. Thise last year has totally put life into perspective. I will never take my DH or DS for granted again. I make sure they know I love them every day.
    Of course the petty stiff till gets to me(human nature) but I don't freak if everything doesn't look perfector if i put the wrong shoes on.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 08-23-10 | 09:13 PM
  • I guess it's time for me to stop feeling sorry for myself about going back to work in two weeks. The end of the summer always does this...

Yes, I'm more than lucky!! I am living a wonderful, rich life!!! I am blessed.

Oh-- my house is a mess, I gave up. It makes life easier!!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work