Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
Do you have an alarm/security system?

Do you have an alarm/security system?

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 08-18-10 | 12:45 PM
  • Tell me about it please..

I have ADP coming later. I found out they are all independent contractors to install/sell it. I got one price and he was supposed to come yesterday but was held up. Last night somebody else called & gave me a better price!

I need 2 or 3 motion detectors and thingys on the doors. The 1st company said they don't do windows very often. Do you have it on your windows?

And how do you manage letting dogs out at night?
  • Mommy2KNIH Mommy2KNIH's Avatar 08-18-10 | 01:03 PM
  • We had ATP and it was good. They put a motion detector up and an alarm and the front and back door. We didnt do the window alarms because once the motion detector is set, if there is any motion then it will go off so if they come in the window they wouldnt get far before setting off the alarm. It worked pretty well. With letting the dogs out you dont have to do anything special. Just dont set the "stay" alarm till right before you go to bed.
Thank you Mommy2KNIH!
2babygirls (08-18-10)
  • 3Princes 08-18-10 | 02:08 PM
  • We have Guardian. With them, each time you renew your contract, you get a dollar amount of free equipment. So far we have gotten a fire alarm (hooked to the alarm sytem), remotes, and a keypad upstairs along with the main one.

I like it.
Thank you 3Princes!
2babygirls (08-18-10)
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 08-18-10 | 02:35 PM
  • Right now I have all the ADP stickers, etc. but I don't have an alarm (Shhhhh, don't tell anyone).

My last two houses, and my parents current house have ADP alarms. We always had some of the windows done, you can use your discression on which ones.

As far as the dogs go a lot of systems have remotes (like the thing that unlocks your car doors) where it's as simple as pressing a button on/off.
Thank you raabta01!
2babygirls (08-18-10)
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 08-18-10 | 04:08 PM
  • We have an alarm system: 4 doors are covered, 2 motion detectors, and a handful of windows. The standard package came with X number of windows and we decided which ones we thought needed it and if we wanted more they were extra.

What do you mean by letting the dogs out at night? Do your dogs currently go out through a doggie-door while you are sleeping? Or do you want the alarm set at all times & wonder how you can open the door for the dogs?

On ours, we set it to "Stay" when we are asleep and when we leave for work. When we wake up, we disarm it & let out the dog.

When you set it for when you leave, you hit "stay" and then "exit" and it will allow like 30 seconds for you to go out the front door without tripping the alarm. There is also a "chime" feature where the alarm is not set, but if a door is opened/closed, the chime sounds. It is good for having kids, so you know if one opened the door & went outside when you told them not to and you are upstairs in the bathroom or something.

We unfortunately got ours b/c our house had been robbed; wish we had gotten it sooner!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
2babygirls (08-18-10)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work