Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Do Your Kids

Reply Post New Topic

• BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 06-25-08 | 05:40 PM
  • Do your kids ever go and visit the grandparents on their own. My parents want Ben to come for a visit and he is just about 3 and I know he would have a great time, and it would give me some one on one time with Bradley which would be great, I am just worried how he will feel going to Grandma and Grandpa's on his own for like a week... If your kids do go, what age did they start going?
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-25-08 | 05:44 PM
  • they haven't had time like that.
    Most they've gotten is a few hours with my mom while she babysat for part of a day. No overnight stuff without me and Dh, though.

ah, well, when Sarah was a baby (like less than 1 I think) she spent the night with the ILS when DH and I went to a B&B that we were given a gift certificate for. And it hasn't been any time since then that I've let the ILs take care of Sarah and Andrew on their own because I simply can't trust them to follow the rules. (I can trust my mom, though)
  • Chickie Chickie's Avatar 06-25-08 | 06:49 PM
  • They all take turns having weekends at camp with Grandma and Grandpa. I don't think I would send my 5 yo for more than 3 days; that is hers and my limit.

She did go at 3 yo for a night or two max.
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 06-25-08 | 06:58 PM
  • C has been going to grammie and pops for weekends since he was 2... and LOVES IT STILL! set him up to really enjoy time with them-- he has his 'room' there, etc...

Now B wouldnt go until he was 4 just this past winter...

different personalities!

you know your kiddo and your parent.... trust your instinct!
  • Emery Emery's Avatar 06-25-08 | 07:05 PM
  • My DD didn't want any part of it until she was about 4 I think. She's been there maybe 4 times for a few days each time. The first time we stayed in a hotel down the street from them "just in case".

Before she was 4 we had them come stay at our house for a night or two when we had things we needed to be at.

She just spent last Tues, Weds and Thurs night with them and my MIL said on Thurs she started saying how much she missed me and that she knew she'd see me the next day. They have a great time together and she goes to the kids museum (sp?) and the zoo and the library.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work