Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Fears

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 08-18-10 | 09:00 PM
  • What is your biggest fear/phobia? (Aside from the obvious of something happening to you or your family.)
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 08-18-10 | 09:03 PM
  • Right now it is the stomach flu. Crazy I know. Since my adrenal glands aren't currently working, I need IV fluids and a shot of coritisol if I am injured severely or sick to my stomach repeatedly.

I'm REALLY phobic of it.

I would be perfectly fine, but the thought of having to go to the ER for a little stomach bug upsets me a lot.

I also have an alllergy phobia. A boy at the kids dance groups eyes got all red and puffy and I was a mess inside with worry. After seeing DH go into shock twice I am really sensitive to how quickly allergic reactions can progress. Especially when little kids are concerned.
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 08-18-10 | 09:06 PM
  • Call me crazy but my biggest fear (aside from illness or death) is my house burning down. I have ALWAYS, ever since i was a small child, had a fear of fire. I'm so paranoid that I put stuff at other people's houses so I'll have it if my house burns down.
  • 3Princes 08-18-10 | 09:09 PM
  • As much as I hate to say it, all the crap that's happened with the ILs... I've developed a fear of dogs. I not only fear them but I also really hate them.
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 08-18-10 | 09:18 PM
  • I had the house fire phobia as a kid. I asked for one of those escape ladders for my 7th Christmas present as my room was on the second floor and we had one staircase.
    My parents thought it was funny. I was totally serious. LOL!

I get the dog phobia totally. I know have 2 dogs but as a kid I was scared to death of them. I still don't like strange dogs. So many people are careless with their pets and treat them so poorly that you almost have to assume the worst when you see a loose dog. Especially certain breeds.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work