Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
How long after having a baby...

How long after having a baby...

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 03-18-09 | 12:10 PM
  • did you wait to "go out" again? Like for a movie, dinner, drinks, dancing, etc..without the baby of course!
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 03-18-09 | 12:38 PM
  • Seems like years!!

Seriously, I think Joe was almost able to sit up on his own the first time we went out. It was August and we had to go to a wedding. He was born in March...
    Then, we probably didn't go out again until December. It was just too much work and stress! We planned stay home dates with dinner and a movie or invited friends to our house.

As a mom who worked out of the house, I wasn't really in a hurry to go out or have him with a sitter since I was out so much and he was already with a sitter so much.

Do what you are comfy with...

• alb526 alb526's Avatar 03-18-09 | 12:38 PM
  • Let's see...I clearly remember not leaving DS#1 for a date night until he was about 6 months old and then crying all through dinner. What was wrong with me?
    DD#2 I left when she was about 4 or 5 months old with a sitter at home for date nights. With DS#3 we started going out every Tuesday night when he was about 3 months old - you see a pattern here? It was the one night my good sitter had free so we reserved her, she could count on the income and we got to have an hour and a half kid free time once a week. Sometimes we were so broke or exhausted we just drove down to the river and ate sandwiches from home but it was so nice. I wish I could find another sitter here and make the same type arrangement, even a family to trade off with.
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 03-18-09 | 02:09 PM
  • When I had my first, he was around 3 months old when my inlaws watched him.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 03-18-09 | 03:53 PM
  • I've never left my baby until they were on at least some solid foods. We always took the little one with us. My girls never had a bottle and I remember way to vividly being the babysitter of a breastfed baby and having a screaming baby for hours and hours that refused to drink formula. I swore I'd never do that to my child or to a sitter!

My babies were always quite content to be with me and it wasn't a problem. I didn't personally feel a need to escape from them for an hour or two until they were more interested in crawling or walking around then sitting happily on my lap. Then they could stay home with Grandma!

Laura

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work