Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
the jammies thread got me thinking...

the jammies thread got me thinking...

Reply Post New Topic

• holly302 06-25-08 | 01:58 PM
  • around what time/age did you start covering up in front of your child(ren)?

DS will be 6 in August. Up until recently, I never put much thought into it...he is ALWAYS coming in the bathroom when i am in there, or walking in on me when i am dressing. We have had the "privacy" talk a few times and i reinterate that by knocking on his door before i come in. Sometimes I remember to lock my door, but honestly, other times i forget. I got to thinking that maybe he is too old to see me without clothing..he never says anything about it nor does he stare...so, i dont know what to do. DH wont even wear his boxer briefs around either of the kids.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 06-25-08 | 02:06 PM
  • I'm in the same boat except Brent has just turned 6 in March. I have the past few weeks reminded him over and over not to come in my bathroom when I'm getting dressed but he will occasionally still do it mainly because he's following his little brother who is looking for me. I'm at home with them alone a lot so I don't want to go take a shower and lock the door especially with a 3 and 4 year old in the house too.

Thank you savannah33!
holly302 (06-25-08)
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 06-25-08 | 02:20 PM
  • I try not to make a big deal out of it when they walk in on me, but for the most part I cover up in front of the kids. If both kids are home then I'll lock the door to shower (not that it keeps them out- they know how to unlock the doors

)- it doesn't take me long and they're old enough to deal with me being unavailable for 5 minutes.

If it's just Abby at home (when DS is in school) I'll leave the door unlocked, but closed. She often comes in to ask me something and will make the comment- that we can see each other naked b/c we're both girls.

So, with her, I don't feel like it's as big of a deal. With Jacob- I try harder to avoid it.

Thank you Mellie!
holly302 (06-25-08)
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 06-25-08 | 03:02 PM
  • I dont think about it now, since I have 2 girls, but DH always covers up in front of Kaitlyn.

At DD bday party, K watched someone changed a 4 month old boy and asked "what's that?". LOL
Thank you DanieH!
holly302 (06-25-08)
  • cynthia cynthia's Avatar 06-25-08 | 03:12 PM
  • I dont make a big deal about it either...I dont parade around in the nude or anything...

but if they walk in while Im getting in or out of the shower, no biggie. I think it isnt as big of a deal for me because we have girls.
Thank you cynthia!
holly302 (06-25-08)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work