Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

murals

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 02-19-10 | 05:07 PM
  • What do you think of murals in a child's bedroom? Do you think they can be made so they are appropriate for many years or do you think they look babyish fast?
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 02-19-10 | 05:23 PM
  • Well, the only full-on murals I have ever seen in a child's room was for 2 girls that were already school age when I met them. I'm not sure when they were done b/c I'm fairly certain the couple didn't live in that house when the girls were small.

A friend of mine did have her aunt paint a cute little tree in the corner of her son (19 mnths) room before he was born to tie in with her monkey-jungle theme for his nursery.
  • jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 02-19-10 | 05:24 PM
  • I like them. I bought on of the wall quotes and put it up in my son's room. It looks nice and it isn't too babyish. What were you thinking?
  • momofthreeboyz momofthreeboyz's Avatar 02-19-10 | 07:41 PM
  • My girlfriends daughter is 9 & the mural in her bedroom is really pretty a sea type one & will grow with her for a few more yrs yet its not too babish at all.
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 02-19-10 | 09:56 PM
  • We have murals on our boys walls, Ben's is hockey and Bradley is race cars... I think hey will easily be appropriate till they are 10ish...or longer and I don't plan on still being in this house at that point...

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work