Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
nursing question

nursing question

Reply Post New Topic

• holly302 06-23-08 | 09:49 PM
  • lola is 5 months old today and for the past few days she has nursed for 10 mins or so and then she begins to "blow" back on the nipple. basically playing with it. I take her off, burp her and then we go about our day.
    I was wondering if she could be somehow weaning herself. she does get a little bit (about 2-3 tablespoons) of oatmeal one time a day with roughly 3 bites of veggie or fruit. i want the majority of her calories to be from bm.

do you think she is playing around, or possibly beginning to wean?

TIA guys

• ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 06-23-08 | 09:59 PM
  • Sounds like playing around to me

I cannot nurse L anywhere around the boys bc she cannot concentrate

she hears them and cranes her neck around -- it's kinda funny.....

She's probably very efficient at getting the right amount.... that little food wouldnt cause too much of a change....
Thank you ~Kelli~!
holly302 (06-23-08)
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 06-23-08 | 10:01 PM
  • I agree--she's learning to play.

She's getting enough, I'm sure. Those little boogers get really efficient with some good practice.

Thank you Dopey406!
holly302 (06-23-08)
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-23-08 | 10:06 PM
  • yup. Playing around.
    just make sure she knows that mealtime at the breast is business and it should stop sooner rather than later.
Thank you skyqueen!
holly302 (06-23-08)
  • happe2day happe2day's Avatar 06-24-08 | 01:51 PM
  • i would have to feed andy in a separate room cuz he was so enthralled (sp) by everything going on around him i need the privacy so he would eat. but i think she is playing dont worry it wont last long. andy got over it. i can now feed in in the living room with everyone around and he gets down to business. LOL

Thank you happe2day!
holly302 (06-25-08)