Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Nutella

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 09-06-09 | 10:17 PM
  • Umm read Brandi's post closer
    you cannot send any baked goods to school for fear of peanut cross contamination and no "dessert" at all in their lunches
    It is not just ONE item they are restricting. Practially everything I buy says "made on machinery with peanuts or nuts".
Thank you 2babygirls!
brandimichelle (09-07-09)
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 09-06-09 | 11:25 PM
  • I'm guessing it is different at DH's school since it is older children but they have 3 severely allergic students this year and what they have is a peanut free table. No child with any peanuts or nut products may sit at this table. The allergic child can ask any other child to sit with him/her but obviously that child can't pack peanuts.

I think it is a nice compromise.

I am guessing the Nutella will be an issue. Sorry to say that. If our school did the nut ban I wouldn't know what to feed my kids. They eat NO meat.

I am thinking that the rules are so strict at the preschool level because the kids aren't able to take much responsibility for their condition at this age nor can other students understand the allergy.

My heart really goes out to parents and kids with severe allergies. It isn't as easy as "don't eat nuts". I also feel for you Jeanne. God knows I know what it is like to have a kid with "issues" and a need for things just a certain way at times.
Thank you Patience!
MrsPook (09-07-09)
  • alb526 alb526's Avatar 09-06-09 | 11:33 PM
  • I'm okay with the inconvienence. Sensitvities are one thing but for kid's with true severe allergies it can be life or death. If keeping one child safe means I have to watch what goes in DS's lunchbox, I feel like that's the least I can do. Once you've seen a kid in anaphylactic shock it gives you a more compassionate perspective.
Thank you alb526!
MrsPook (09-07-09)
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 09-07-09 | 06:41 AM
  • My kids school is peanut free (primary to grade 9) and just this year dd's HS became peanut free as well. It's VERY hard to pack lunches for the kids because all 3 little ones LOVE peanut butter and we go through mega containers of it.
    I've never sent them to school with Nutella because I just assumed it would be part of the ban.

• Sheri Sheri's Avatar 09-07-09 | 06:49 AM
  • Oh and I meant to say that the peanut free table is an excellent idea.

I wonder why more schools don't have this?

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work