Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

OCD..

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 02-24-10 | 02:25 PM
  • Do you have any little things you are OCD about?
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 02-24-10 | 02:27 PM
  • Mike thinks I am nuts...

1. I cannot stand for the sheets to be tucked in.
    2. The top sheet has to be laying correctly on the bed (the thick band has to be at the top with the seam down)
    3. Our blanket has stripes on it... and the stripes must be laying vertical with the bed.

Those are my big ones that just drive me nuts...
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 02-24-10 | 02:49 PM
  • My house is very disorganized, but I have to have the dishes put away correctly! Everything fits inside something else, big plates go UNDER small plates, containers go here and lids go there... you get the idea! It drives me absolutely nuts when people can't keep the dishes organized decent and I thihnk they put stuff away "wrong" just to bug me

I'm the same way with the sheet though, the thick band goes at the head of the bed!

Oh, and the kids toys, if they have a bin they belong in, then put them in the proper bin! I can't stand when toys get mixed up!
  • countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 02-24-10 | 04:25 PM
  • My ocd is Rugs and shower curtains.
    The rugs have to be laying flat not buckled (this one is hard cause the cat LOVES to hide underneith them)
    And shower curtains.....I have fabric ones so they have to have a liner.I get nuts if there both in the tub or out of the tub.The liner goes in the tub and the curtain stays out!
    My other one since Christina mentioned it is every thing has to be in place in the kitchen.Half the time I do the dishes just so I know that it is put away in the right spot.Last night I had to find a lid to a BIG tupperwear bowl and it wasnt in the lid drawer.It was WITH THE BOWL! That is a biggie with me.

• imagine imagine's Avatar 02-24-10 | 05:52 PM
  • I have some germ issues and have to wash my hands a lot. also at night when dh leaves to work and at bed time I have to make sure our sliding glass door is locked ( I check several times) and the vertical blinds are all turned the right way and all closed with none of them bent or off to the side. lol
    also a few other things like all the cabinet and closet doors have to be closed if they are left open if bugs me and the bathroom and bedroom lights have to be off if nobody is in there. The same with the hallway lights but if it's the kitchen living room or dinning lights they can be on all day and I'm fine. lol

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work