Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Pest Control

Reply Post New Topic

• holly302 06-23-08 | 03:50 PM
  • we need to start pest control services here. i wanted to know how often do you have someone come out to the house to spray?

The guy that sprayed my last house did it once a month for $25 a month. Does that sound good? Or, should I have someone come out sooner? When we had that problem with Stuart Little and his buddies, my pest guy came out 2 extra times, free of charge.

What do you all do?
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-23-08 | 03:57 PM
  • we have our pest control guys come out quarterly. We pay $90 per service and if we have a problem, then they'll come out inbetween our quarterly services for free. All I have to do is call.
Thank you skyqueen!
holly302 (06-23-08)
  • Mellie Mellie's Avatar 06-23-08 | 04:14 PM
  • Quarterly for about $75. Same as Karen- if we have problems between times, they come out and retreat for free.

Thank you Mellie!
holly302 (06-23-08)
  • Pumkin Pumkin's Avatar 06-23-08 | 04:25 PM
  • I have to find out what service you have ladies. We pay $40 a month and they come and spray quarterly. The do come out and retreat for free if needed, however they have not been able to get the ant situation under control in the last two months

Thank you Pumkin!
holly302 (06-23-08)
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 06-23-08 | 04:32 PM
  • Our regular pest control service is quarterly and it's about $360 for the whole year. (it was cheaper to pay for the year upfront than by month) They will come out in between for free if there is an issue. They have never been able to handle our ant problem either, but there are in the yard and I think that is a seperate service. The pest control people just spray the barrier of your home and inside if you want them to. We also pay for termite control at a different company. They come out once a year and it's $125. the prior owner's had it set up like this. They said at the time, it was cheaper. I have been meaning to look into combining the 2 at the same company and maybe adding lawn-bug care, but right now it is not in the budget.

Most places will offer their service at a quarterly rate and you can pay how you wish. (monthly, quarterly, or yearly-ours runs a package that turns out cheaper when you pay yearly)
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
holly302 (06-23-08)