Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Preschool

Reply Post New Topic

• Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 02-22-10 | 03:30 PM
  • How much does preschool cost in your area?

Preschool can be expensive! There is one preschool that costs $230 a month for 3 days a week, four hours a day. That's NUTS. If you want to do a 5 day a week program it will cost you $330 a month for 4 hours each day.
  • 3Princes 02-22-10 | 03:35 PM
  • Here, preschools are very limited, especially those with teacher who have an associates degree, and aren't associated with a daycare.
    We've used 2 different ones.
    The one was 90/month for 3 days a week 2 1/2 hours a day. I found out that they raised it to 110 for next year.
    The one we're using now... we have both kids in, and no 2-child discount--- is our second biggest expense shortly behind our mortgage. It's $250/month for EACH KID. That's for 3 days a week all day (9-3).
  • jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 02-22-10 | 03:36 PM
  • We've been looking at different preschools. Those prices sound good to me!

Emery's preschool is going to be $380 monthly for three days a week 2.5 hours a day!!!

I just can't believe how expensive it all is!
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 02-22-10 | 03:49 PM
  • In September, Marek will go to a church-affiliated school just across the street from our house. Because it'll be his first year, it's two days a week for 2-1/2 hours a day. Cost is $42 a week.

In 2011, he'll move to Pre-K, which is three days a week for 2-1/2 hours a day, at a cost of $52 a week. Of course, Lukas will start his first year of preschool the same year, so we'll be paying $94 a week for both of them (or whatever the going rate is in 2011).
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 02-22-10 | 04:48 PM
  • Preschool is in the elementary school and its free. I did have my first in daycare for the first 2 years of her life...it was roughly $35 a day and she went 3 days a week.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work