Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Swim lessons?

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 06-23-08 | 03:01 PM
  • Are you doing swim lessons for your kids? What levels?

Leanna is 7 & in Level 1. I've tried lessons before & she wanted no part of it - screaming & not participating & even vomiting in the pool once.

. I didn't even try lessons last summer. This year I told her she had to take lessons & I made her come in the park pool to show her she can touch all the way across.

Rachel is 9 & I put her in Level 3. She's done level 3 at least 3 times & could qualify for level 4, but I was told Level 3 is more fun & I'd rather she enjoyed herself than felt like it was work.

Anyhow...signups started at 8am this morning for next session - at 8:04 there were 2 spots gone & now (at 12:00) level 1 is full & level 3 has only 2 openings. I'm glad I could signup on line or I wouldn't have been able to get them in.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 06-23-08 | 03:07 PM
  • My youngest 2 are in lessons now. We have a pool and I work with all three just about 3 / 4 times per week also. I plan on putting my 6 year old in an advanced class at the YMCA or seeing if he can qualify for the swim team.
  • Pumkin Pumkin's Avatar 06-23-08 | 03:07 PM
  • We are going to do lessons but it's only for a month and free through our HOA. Dh will take them down on Wednesday to find out what level they will put them in. I think next year we may do lessons at one of the municipal pools.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 06-23-08 | 03:35 PM
  • They have lessons for 1/2 hr for 2 wks. I may enroll them in the next sesson too.

There is a great pool at the closest park to us. Its seriously huge & 3.5 ft deep along an entire side.
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 06-23-08 | 03:50 PM
  • Mine is in level 2. it's supposed to be 2 weeks...so far out of the 5 days, she has only gotten to swim 2 because it has been raining to much and temp is too cold!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work