Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
What was your first car?

What was your first car?

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 01-19-10 | 06:33 PM
  • My first car was an 87 Nova. It was my mom's and I "inherited" it when I got my license. She got a new car. She paid my insurance and gas (I think) until I graduated and went off to college when she continued to pay my insurance until I graduated college.
    I think my situation was a little different because I had a single mom, and we had foster children and she always worked full time. I ran them around, watched them after school, etc, as well as drove myself to the millions of activities I was in. I was a pretty responsible teen, on the honor roll, etc, but I also never had a job in high school-- except umpiring or babysitting.
  • countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 01-19-10 | 07:02 PM
  • Well me and my ex got married young.I was 16 he was almost 18.Our first "car" was an 85 Mazda b2000 primered red,It was a real looker

We drove that thing around with our dd and I had to sit in the middle.Gosh I hated that.Once I graduated high school and got a job I bought an 86 mazda 626 and the ex had the b2000.I remember feeling all high on the hog when I didn't have to sit in the middle anymore.

Now dd will be inhariting a Focus and I will get a newer car. I don't know how she will earn the money.Probably running ds all around or running errons for me.If thats the case I will be paying her insurance and part of her gas.
    The ex really wants her to earn her ride like we had to but on the other hand I want her to start out with a little better(kwim)
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 01-19-10 | 08:03 PM
  • My first car was a 1986 Chevy Citation hatchback - my mom bought it used for my sister when she was in college (from my sister's boyfriends family). I inherited it from her when she bought a new car when she got out of college. I drove it for 2 years until it died and then I got a 1990 Chevy Cavilier (white) also used so that I could do my student teaching. Mom paid for the cars.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-19-10 | 08:24 PM
  • My first car was a Mazda 323.
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 01-19-10 | 08:46 PM
  • My first was a 1984 Suburu sedan. I ran my sister's kid's around to school and daycare and sat for them on the weekends so my mom and sister both chipped in on my gas and insurance. My mom did the same with my second car because i was still helping with the grandkids in the summer but I payed half of the car off. My kia I have now is the first car i did all by myself and I love it the most of any car i've driven.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work