Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Ask a Question >
WWYD? Neighbor question....

WWYD? Neighbor question....

Reply Post New Topic

• ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 06-24-08 | 06:16 PM
  • So.... I have a neighbor (we'll call her A) that has a boy C's age and they were in kindy together-- I am friends with the mom, not close, but enough that we'll meet at the park etc.... I would occasionally take her son for the day before school (10-12pm then put him on the bus) and she would do the same for C (and often take B also since he wanted to play too)...... I've watched her son for a few long days, 8am until after dinner, when she's had work daycare issues or something pertaining to her daughter (who is very high special needs)..... I feel bad that she has to deal with all of that, etc...

I had the baby and she hasnt asked me in a bit to keep her son, but she has driven C to and from a class at the Y they took together, and I have had her son once or twice at my offering....

Here's the thing- I'm good friends with another mom (B) and her boy is in school with C too-- and I invited them to come to the beach for a week-- they are attending a camp together....

A heard us talking and I told her about it-- A's parents live down here and she said I think that's the week that my son will be with them, how about he go to the camp too?!?! Fine right? well then she asked me to keep her son overnight for one of the nights-- the grandparents would drop him off to me, I would take/pick up from camp, camp is over at 12:30- so then I would feed lunch, take to the beach shower, dinner, sleep over, back to camp, etc etc until dinner the next day....bc it
    s too much for the grandma to drive 20min back and forth....

Part of me thinks it would be find bc I'm doing all of that for C anyway-- and B will be here with her two kids (6&4) also-- so what's one more 6yo? the other part of me thinks its WAY too much to ask..... sigh......

when the 3 boys are together, Connor, and A&B's Sons there is just drama alot of the time.... 3's a crowd so they say..... and I'm not sure I really want to handle all of that....

oh- and the 3 of them just torture my dog so he barks all of the time- not that we'd be inside much.... just their running and rough housing makes the dog nuts.... and A's son has a tendency to ignore requests-- so if I take him to the beach, what if he doesnt listen to me? we have a 'routine' and the boys are great at the beach- know where to go, etc....

So what would you do?
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 06-24-08 | 06:17 PM
  • .... and I like to help, I really do, but I'm afraid i'll be in over my head and resent that I offered.... or maybe I'm just over analyzing and it'll be fine...

sigh
  • Chickie Chickie's Avatar 06-24-08 | 06:27 PM
  • I think that you should just express your concerns to her exactly as you are here.

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 06-24-08 | 08:41 PM
  • Hmmm.... I would offer to take him until after dinner and drive him the 20 minutes home. By that time, everyone will really be tired and things will get ugly. It also gives you a last minute chance to change your mind and have him stay if you want...

It's a decent compromise -- shows you are sympathetic and willing to help but not throwing yourself into the fire...
  • jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 06-24-08 | 09:30 PM

•  

That gives you the chance to change your mind based on how you are feeling with all those kiddos.