Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

New member intro

Reply Post New Topic

• divinem 08-27-09 | 03:47 PM
  • Greetings, all!

My name is Melissa. I am 42 years old, and my husband and I have decided we want to TTC. I visited my PCP yesterday and had my thyroid levels checked (I have thyroid disease controlled by medication) as well as a Cystic Fibrosis screening test (my husband has the gene on his side).

My doctor told me to go for it!

So I purchased prenatal vitamins yesterday and started a mild exercise program today. I eat very healthy, don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I had a problem-free pregnancy at age 27/28 (previous marriage) and am hoping that we will be successful in conceiving.

I've joined the Boards to educate myself and develop a network of support as we start this process. We are going to wait for the Cystic Fibrosis screening result before we start trying.

I am SO excited, and all I can think about now is getting pregnant. There's a pep in my step that I haven't had for a long time. Just the possibility of having another baby has really changed my outlook.

So, heyyyyy ya'll! * waves *
  • tiaonia tiaonia's Avatar 08-28-09 | 01:14 AM
  • hey, all the best on your ttc journey!
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 08-28-09 | 10:56 AM
  • Hope you have a smooth journey.
  • jlynn1313 jlynn1313's Avatar 08-28-09 | 11:49 PM
  • Good luck lady! Best of wishes to you.
  • momofthreeboyz momofthreeboyz's Avatar 12-22-09 | 05:27 PM
  • many thoughts to you I wish you lots of luck!

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!