Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

agreeing

Reply Post New Topic

• alb526 alb526's Avatar 04-01-09 | 07:59 PM
  • DH and I originally agreed to name the baby after my grandmother or grandfather....Carrie Louise or Samuel Elliot but I changed my mind. It's a girl but she doesn't feel like a Carrie Lou to me. It's been a really hard pregnancy and I feel like she's got my other grandmother's spark....Marguerite Josephine. See where this is going? DH wants to stick with the original plan, I want some variation on M.J. even if we don't use the exact original...Margaret Josephine...Maggie Jo.... but my absolute favorite is Moxie Jo.

Am I totally nuts? Any tips on swaying DH? The other kids are all pretty conservative family names....Joshua, Anneliese and Whitten.
  • Heidi1361 Heidi1361's Avatar 04-01-09 | 09:37 PM
  • I like Marguerite Josephine.... and you can nickname her anything you please!!

(Margo is a pretty name too.

)

As for swaying the Dh

... I'd start casually referring to the baby in my belly by the name I liked... and getting the other kids to help me out.
Thank you Heidi1361!
alb526 (04-02-09)
  • kls09 04-09-09 | 05:18 PM
  • Marguerite Josephine is a gorgeous name. Even the more conservative Margaret would sound lovely with Josephine and with your other kids names.
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 04-09-09 | 06:04 PM
  • OK how did I miss this post Amy? I am not to keen on Marguerite or Margaret there just so old sounding for a little girl. I do like Moxie and Maggie is also cute. What about Molly Josephine? Or Molly Jo? Both cute. Just start calling her what you want. Maybe he will catch on.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 04-09-09 | 07:50 PM
  • I like all your choices! The names and the nicknames are adorable! Don't be afraid to name a tiny baby a "grown up" name. I did that with both of my girls and they don't go by nick names. A tiny baby will grow into a grown up name nicely!

I love Marguerite! Its beautiful and very little used. So old fashioned that it feels modern!

Laura