Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names >
anybody else hate it when...

anybody else hate it when...

Reply Post New Topic

• osrasi osrasi's Avatar 10-10-06 | 08:59 PM
  • Sometimes people honestly don't think before they speak or maybe they do and just don't care. I have heard lots of names that I don't particularly care for but it's not my baby.

I figure I have carried this little person for nine months I get to name it...I know our choices for # 2 will be subjected to criticism from my mom but it's our baby not hers.

BTW: I love all the names you have selected ladies.
  • susie susie's Avatar 10-13-06 | 11:35 AM
  • I hate that! When I was figuring out names for my son who is now 3 months, I kept going to my brother with names. For most of them I heard, 'Oh no! I don't like that!'. It was irritating. Sometimes I appreciate a brutally honest person....and I guess sometimes I don't!

• wagnerkr wagnerkr's Avatar 10-20-06 | 12:37 AM
  • We didn't tell anyone the name we had chosen until he was born because I didn't want to hear anyone's negative reaction. If they don't like the name after the fact then that's just too bad for them.
  • BOBmagnet BOBmagnet's Avatar 10-20-06 | 07:58 PM
  • I agree that people don't think before they speak sometimes. DH and I have also decided to keep our names a surprise until the babies are born. My mom doesn't even know.
  • Leeann Leeann's Avatar 10-20-06 | 08:17 PM
  • I got so many awful comments about Greta's name before she was born Now, when someone finds out her name, they love it! i have gotten so many good positive responses to her name, i love it!. When she was born and my mom found out her name, she hated it, and told everyone it was an awful name. I actually ended up not seeing her for a couple of months after that because i was so offended that she thought it was okay to publicly say how bad it was after she was already born and named. Sometimes you get the comments afterwards too!