Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Avery for a Boy

Reply Post New Topic

• jaxsonsmommie 03-31-10 | 08:34 PM
  • Hubby and I like the name Avery for our boy who is about to be born in a few weeks. My only concern is that a lot of people are naming their girls Avery, and I don't want him to be teased for or feeling like he has a girly name. Can the name Avery go either way, or is it more of a girl name?
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 03-31-10 | 08:47 PM
  • I always think of it more as a girls name, but I do know some guys with the name. Good luck with the decision!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 03-31-10 | 11:59 PM
  • I've never heard of a boy with that name but we know several girls named Avery.

• Chickie Chickie's Avatar 04-01-10 | 08:09 AM
  • I have heard it as a boy name. I like it better that way I think. I do have an affinity for A names in general though.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 04-01-10 | 09:47 AM
  • I believe it is on the list of uni-sex names, but is more often used for a girl name. We chose a uni-sex name for our daughter, which I hope does not cause any confustion for her either. At the time we chose it, I only ever heard it as a girls name. But now that she is almost 2, I see or hear it a lot for men. My dad actually works with a man with the same name, lol!

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 04-01-10 at 12:16 PM..

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo