Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names >
Baby's Name, need ideas!

Baby's Name, need ideas!

Reply Post New Topic

• Mrs.Emily Mrs.Emily's Avatar 06-21-10 | 10:44 AM
  • Well, it's a girl! So now we're trying to come up with names. She has a first name: Magdalen and we'll call her "Maggie", after my great grandmother. BUT the middle name is the hang up. We're from the south, so almost everyone gets called by BOTH their names, I call DS John Phillip more than just John. So her name needs to go with Magdalen and Maggie. Our last name is 10 letters and 2 syllables. Some ideas that I have are:

Maggie Claire
    Maggie Elizabeth
    Maggie Beth
    Maggie Brooke

Those are the one's that I'm okay with that DH hasn't said an automatic "No" to. Can you guys come up with some more suggestions for me to run by DH? Or do you like one of these more than others?? Any suggestions are VERY welcome. I just need a lot of ideas to narrow down with DH. Also, our last name starts with "S" so I need to keep an eye on initials!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 06-21-10 | 11:27 AM
  • I like the name Maggie.

How about one of these?

Maggie Jeanne
    Maggie Joy
    Maggie Brynn
    Maggie May (Mae)
    Maggie Joelle
    Maggie Summer
    Maggie Katherine
    Maggie Bella
    Maggie Rose
    Maggie Brianne
    Maggie Laurel
    Maggie Jane

I have to stop! I could go on for days! Maggie is such a lovely name for a gal who is destined to be a lovely young lady.

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 06-21-10 | 12:49 PM
  • I like Maggie Claire a lot!

Avery's middle name is Claire, but I really like the way Maggie Claire sounds together. I totally understand the whole southern thing because Avery is "Avery Claire" more than she is Avery

• Keepers Keepers's Avatar 06-21-10 | 01:18 PM
  • I love Maggie Beth and Maggie Brooke.
    Here are a few I thought sound good too.
    Maggie Kate
    Maggie Reece
    Maggie Sophia
    Maggie Isabella
    Maggie Leigh
    Maggie Olivia
    Maggie Loucille
    Maggie Caroline
    The ones that are bolded are my favorites. Good luck and congrats on the little girl!
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 06-21-10 | 02:11 PM
  • I like Maggie Beth or Maggie Kate but would probably give her the long version of each name for a middle name (Magdalen Elizabeth or Magdalen Katherine, and then shorten them for everyday use).

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!