Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names >
Honoring a special person...

Honoring a special person...

Reply Post New Topic

• KJCsabre KJCsabre's Avatar 10-27-09 | 03:18 PM
  • My great-grandma passed away last week and we decided (not that we are ttc yet or anything) but we want to honor her by using her name... Agnes

She had no "real" middle name and only took Catherine as a middle name when she was confirmed because she said she had to....

Here is what we have

Ellison Agnes
    Lauren Agnes
    Morgan Agnes

So what do you think????
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-27-09 | 04:07 PM
  • I like that idea. Sarah shares a middle name with her aunt (Jane), Char's middle name is Helen which is Andy's grandmother's name, and Alex's middle name is Andrew, after his daddy. So I think it's appropriate and beautiful!!
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 10-27-09 | 04:11 PM
  • All three of my children have a family name. Peytons FN is Kristopher after his daddy, Parkers FN is Kollin after my great grandfather and Presleys MN is Katherine after DHs grandmother. I like using family names. I think Ellison Agnes sounds the best but Lauren is my favorite.
  • Mommy2KNIH Mommy2KNIH's Avatar 10-27-09 | 06:00 PM
  • I like all those names. Morgan of course is my fave because that is my DD's middle name but they are all beautiful. Are you going to call her Elli for short if you use Ellison?
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 10-28-09 | 03:47 PM
  • I like Ellison the best, and Morgan 2nd best.

That's a great idea though! Sienna is named after my Aunt (Sienna's middle name), Loucille. Unfotunately the only time I erally use her middle name is when she's in trouble

But still, none of my Great Aunt Lou's kids did that for her and she was TOTALLY happy to hear that

I think your great grandma would be more than honored for you to use her name!

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo