Baby Corner

Old 04-16-08, 01:32 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Wink Oh geez!

The other day dh says to me "I know we have a girl name picked out if this one is a girl, but if we have a 3rd girl maybe we should name her Christina Two" (like in Legends of the Fall, they have Isabell 2) I told him no way no how! Douglas the 3rd is enough for names with numbers around here

The names we do have picked out, however, are Athemia Valkyrie (uh-thee-me-uh val-ker-ee) And Rhyker Centurion. Not sure how we want to spell Rhyker though... Rhyker, Ryker, Reicher.

Any opinions? We really like both names (well, dh likes the middle names, I kinda just agreed bc they don't get used THAT often

), but what do you think? And what are your opininons on the spelling of Rhyker?

Old 04-16-08, 02:40 PM
Mommy to 3!

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I prefer the spelling Reicher but Rhyker is also nice. Athemia is not really my style, but it sounds pleasant. What would you use for a nickname? Or would you use her full name all the time?

Old 04-16-08, 06:40 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Athemia is pretty but I'm going to call her Mia

(mee-uh)

because I am a nickname person.

and I like Rhyker for the spelling. And I agree the middle names are RARELY used... and you're DH is NUTZ for even suggesting a #2 ... can you imagine that? "number two come here... "

Old 04-17-08, 12:17 PM
Lucas' Mommy

Thanked 25 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I like Ryker too - without the "h", but either is fine. He would always have to be spelling it for people though. Not necessarily bad - I've spent my whole life telling people "That's Kristina - with a "K". Not wild about spelling it Reicher since it makes me think of "Third Reich".

As for the girl name if she later finds she doesn't like Athemia or Mia she could always go by Val. I think the middle name is great, but then I like names that are Gaelic and Norse sounding. (I love Genevieve and Guenivere, but DH thinks I'm nuts.

)

Old 04-17-08, 12:35 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I know what you mean about constantly spelling your name! Mine is Christina and my chorus teacher in HS (for 3 1/2 years) always called me ChristinE!!!! UGH!

As for #2, we wouldn't actually caller her #2

But I don't like my nickname(s) so I wouldn't do that to a baby! (Although the names we have picked out could have some nicknames they might not like

Oh well! At least our baby girl won't be called Chris, which to me is too much of a boy's name! Ha!)

Athemia... a nickname... Hmmm... We call ds, Douglas all the time, so I'm not sure if we'd use a nickname or not! We always call Sienna, Sissy or Cici (middle name Loucille)... Not sure!

I think DH and I need to talk about this whole name thing

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools