Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > Baby Names >
What do you think of these names for a little girl?

What do you think of these names for a little girl?

Reply Post New Topic

• AmberCJ 11-23-10 | 10:54 PM
  • I am so frustrated. I have three names. I love all three of them and am mostly leaning toward the first here. Please let me know your opinions.

Anberlin Josie
    Joseylnne Christianna
    Kara Annalise

My husband is also in love with the name Anberlin Josie, but I don't know if a lot of people will be asking to spell it, and it is similar to my name...Amber. But I though it was really cute. Opinions, please!
  • AmberCJ 11-23-10 | 10:56 PM
  • The second name should have been Joselynne Christianna...oops
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 11-23-10 | 11:09 PM

•  
    to TBC and congratulations on your little one. Your baby is yours, and you should name her what you like best. I always recommend not sharing names with people until the baby is born and the name is set. People will be very negative about your chosen name until that name is attached to a baby.

But since you asked for opinions... I tend to be quite traditional in my taste for names. Anberlin is too different for my taste, and I think people will assume it's spelled "Amberlyn". I think it will be confused with your name, and you and your daughter will quickly tire of spelling it for people. Add to that the fact that "m" and "n" sound similar, and you'll be spelling it more than once each time. My oldest son is named Marek (Slovak version of Mark), and people often assume it's "Mark" even when I spell it very carefully.

I'm guessing you pronounce Joselynne like "Jocelyn". I am a fan of using the more common spelling for a name to cut out the hassle of spelling and seeing the name misspelled often. I named my younger son Lukas (again, the Slovak spelling), and even relatives sometimes misspell it Lucas. What are you gonna do?

I absolutely love choice #3 as is. Kara is a beautiful name that isn't very common, and it's easy to spell. Annalise is also distinctive but traditional. I do like your other middle names as well.
  • chris72011 11-24-10 | 05:21 PM
  • I really like the names Kara and Christianna that you've picked out. Congratulations on finding out you're expecting a girl.
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 11-24-10 | 05:31 PM
  • I like 3 the best. Kara is so pretty and flows nicely with Annelise.
    I agree that 1 and 2 are not common and would have to be spelled and pronounced very carefully all the time.