Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

? about letdown

Reply Post New Topic

• ethanandsydsmom ethanandsydsmom's Avatar 02-04-05 | 06:06 PM
  • How many times do you all let down when nursing? I tend to do it usually twice.

I asked my OB about meds that can increase your supply, and she has put me on Reglan. I took that when I was pregnant for nausea, but didn't realize it will help increase your supply.

I am hoping it works. I am also going to contact a lactation consultant to see if I truly have "hypoplastic breasts". If I do, than the Reglan won't help.

After I try all of this, if I am still having to supplement, I will probably stop, and start formula. I am going to try a few things first, so that I know I tried everything.
  • Sheeeva Sheeeva's Avatar 02-04-05 | 06:36 PM
  • I have only one let down at the beginning of the feed. When I put Shaelyn to the second breast there is no let down.
    I hope you get some good news from your dr.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 02-04-05 | 07:11 PM
  • hmm... I can't recall..
    but -- I'm wondering if you're too tense and this is why you're having a bit of a challenge as well..

• DanieH DanieH's Avatar 02-04-05 | 08:29 PM
  • I only get one letdown after a couple of seconds of her eating.
  • ethanandsydsmom ethanandsydsmom's Avatar 02-04-05 | 08:44 PM
  • I am tense, but am trying to relax. I am a very high strung person anyway, and I get stressed easily. lol

I usually letdown once when he starts, and if he stays on that side longer than 15 min, I will let down again. Then when I move him to the other side, I let down again.

Does this sound normal?

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work