Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding >
Couple of questions about the laying down to sleep instead of nursing

Couple of questions about the laying down to sleep instead of nursing

Reply Post New Topic

• Marilyn 09-08-04 | 10:24 PM
  • Bethann~ Logan hates being laid down at all. Here lately he really has been clingy to me.

Karen~ I am definately going to try your idea. Thank you so much for the advice.

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 09-08-04 | 11:57 PM
  • Don't ask me... I always had excellent luck with my boys, but I can't get Mia to sleep that way to save my life. I always did it like Karen - lay them down when they are sleepy, and they went to sleep. Mia will not do that - she has to be nursed to sleep, and when she's rowdy and won't go to sleep still, my dh will rock her to sleep. She's really spoiled and one day it's going to be an ugly surprise, but for now she's going to be this way. It's really a hassle, but I figure I waited my whole life for this little girl, and I will snuggle her to sleep as long as she will let me.

• NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 09-09-04 | 12:31 PM
  • I wouldn't necessarily guarantee something.. Because Kevin needed nursed to sleep until a way after Aiden was born. Exhausting yes... but I got over it.

I tried everything. When he was born I was anti co sleeping. Anti nursing to sleep..... that was a big slap into the fact that he wouldn't sleep!!

ANYHOW.... I had NO luck with Kevin, and he wants me to hold him to fall asleep. Now that he vocalizes what is wrong, I must ablige, as they are scary things to him!

Plus, he had night terrors... SO ignoring Kevin, thinking that you have a mostly regular baby (is there such a thing) I get to Aiden!

Aiden, will sleep by himslef, will fall asleep by himself (for the last 5 months) and is doing great! He still wakes up at 4 am wanting juice, water, to nurse, or pizza

But I cuddle him until he is asleep, then he sleeps til 4 am (most nights) It's great. At 4 I get him what he wants... and he is out again. (he hardly ever gets juice or pizza

usually just nurses or water. Lately water) He even naps (he does nurse to sleep durring nap, or at least to the point where he is falling asleep then he normally breaks the latch and falls asleep) for 1 1/2 to 3 hours! He has a lion that he likes... but hasn't been using it in bed.... sometimes he likes something to sleep with whether it is a shoe, or a stuffed lion, dinosaur... etc.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-09-04 | 01:38 PM
  • At 7 months of age, it'll be harder to get his habits change.
    The best time to do so is ~3months of age. This is when they aren't newborns anymore, but aren't setting themselves in their ways...
    The older they get, the harder. That's not to say that you can't break the habits... but that it'll be harder.
    It's alot about timing. And, ultimately, given enough patience and percerverence, it does work.
    I know that Nichole and a few others say they've tried to get their kids to sleep on their own etc...
    And I don't want to make it sound like I don't believe them,... but I have doubts that they did what it took to make it work. It does work.
  • NicholeMatthew NicholeMatthew's Avatar 09-09-04 | 01:47 PM
  • I'll be the first to admitt.... Kevin is WEIRD!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work