Baby Corner

Old 01-03-09, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 14.09%

I breastfed 1 for 9 months (and would have kept going except I had to stop to ttc) and the other for 6 months.
With baby #2, he got a ton of teeth pretty early on, and never could learn not to bite me. I tried everything, and it just wasn't working. So we stopped.
Baby #1 got his teeth a lot later but he bit me one time, I said "OW!" He cried, then I cried because he cried. He never bit me again.

I thought bottles would be so much easier but they really weren't. I think it's a personal thing that only mom and baby can decide.
Old 01-03-09, 11:04 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 1956.14%

I breastfed Sarah for 13 months and Charlotte for 18 months.

You're the mama--whatever you decide is RIGHT for you and your kiddos.
Old 01-04-09, 12:01 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!
Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 55%

I breastfed Avery for 6 months. The last 3 I was working and pumping and it was very stressful and finally my milk left.

I totally agree with everyone else that bottles are NOT easier. The only advantage is that someone else can feed them.
Old 01-05-09, 11:28 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer
Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 1534.55%

Kendall is almost 6 months and I am nursing at home & pumping at work. It is getting to be more of a challange to nurse her now she that is older & bigger, but my goal was 6 months. I will continue to do it as long as it is do-able and not stressful, but I am not sure how comfortable I am going past 12 months. I can only imagine how much more difficult it can be with twins! Congratulations on getting this far!
Old 01-06-09, 12:16 AM
Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 320.91%

I BF'd my girls for 11 mo and 13 mo but that was one at a time! You have to do what is right for you and if its too difficult than stop and don't feel bad about it! It must be very draining on your body, not to mention your mental health to nurse twins and you should be proud you did it as long as you did.

Latest Articles
Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

Baby Names for Spring Babies
If you are looking for a unique baby name for your Spring baby, look no further. Check out these names for your Spring baby boy or girl.

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date
New guidelines for a more accurate estimation of conception date and due date have been introduced by the American College of Gynecologists and Obstetricians and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.

May 2016 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Banyan 6 weeks" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Laceyrellaford!

Calculators & Tools