Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Hungry or not?

Reply Post New Topic

• frogger773 frogger773's Avatar 01-09-05 | 11:38 PM
  • I am not forsure if Miss Chloe is hungry alot of times or not when I am feeding her. After 3 hours have passed between feeding and she is fussing, I normally go ahead and feed her, cause I figure she is hungry. Well she has been spitting up when I burp her after the first breast, and sometimes only nursing for 5 minutes. I notice her gulping alot, so could my milk be coming out to fast for her, maybe?? I wish I could figure this out, cause sometimes I wonder if she is not hungry when I feed her.

Anyone have any ideas what could be going on?
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 01-10-05 | 02:19 AM
  • Andrew used to eat all he could fit in his tummy after 5 minutes (on the first breast) any thing past that and it all came back up and out. Heck, even after 5 minutes, part of it usually came out anyway.

I would assume that after 3 hours, she's probably hungry again... but if she's seeming to be full after 5 minutes.. . and if you stop and she goes for another 3 hours... she's definately getting full.

I found out at the Drs office that 5 minutes was way more than enough because I weighed Andrew before I nursed him.. then I weighed him on the scale again and he had over 4 ounces from just that time.

Dr said I had super unleaded

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 01-10-05 | 03:54 AM
  • IA with Karen. I would probably only add that I normally feed my babies when they are hungry. They know when it's time to eat more than you do, so when your baby is crying for food, just let her go to town!

Trying to put a baby on a schedule that we deem is appropriate doesn't really work for babies. They know when it's time to eat again.

• frogger773 frogger773's Avatar 01-10-05 | 01:38 PM
  • Thanks ladies! I just feel bad only letting her nurse for 5 minutes. She doesn't always stop after only 5 minutes, she would go on and on nursing away, but she starts pulling on my nipple so I take her off only for her to spit up.

I know that some of you ladies say that you let you little ones nurse just for comfort nursing instead of using a binkie. How could I do this cause she gets too much milk. I use a pacifier with her sometimes, but I dont' want her sucking on it all the time. I just don't know what to do, but I feel bad with her spitting up.
  • montanachic montanachic's Avatar 01-10-05 | 04:51 PM
  • Is she interested in nursing at all after she spits up? Sometimes she may get an air pocket and need to burp and that can cause her to spit up too. She may just be getting full that quickly especially if your milk comes down quickly. Ryland never took a pacifier either, she will let you know if she is hungry, and usually Ryland only nursed for comfort when he got a bit older and was able to determine that from being hungry. You are doing a great job, its normal for them to spit up,