Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding >
I was dreading this....

I was dreading this....

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 10-31-08 | 04:01 PM
  • ...well, it seems what I feared is happening. My dd is getting older and drinking more, however I am not producing more. I have some reserves in the freezer, but am no longer a few days ahead with the refrigerated bags. So whatever I pump on one day is what I provide to my mom the next. And if I Kendall eats all of that before I get off work they will have to give her formula (if she gets hungry again) I might need to start pumping at 11:00pm when she falls asleep for a little extra. I did this last night, but I only got 3 oz total.

I am glad that Kendall will start solids next month so maybe my plateau-ing production won't be so bad. I really want to BF for at least 6 months, but ideally till she is about 10 or 11 months.

I am trying to remember to drink lots of water and I just started taking Fenugreek twice a day. How long does it take for you to see that it is working? Any other suggestions or words of wisdom?
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-31-08 | 04:16 PM
  • stress less

I know, easier said than done. But stress does impact the supply.
    You can also start pumping more often - an increase in 'sessions' increases the body's supply.
    Also, eat oatmeal. It helps. But the water is your A#1 source of milk production.
    no water = no milk.
    You need to be drinking at least 1 large glass of water every 2-3 hours + a couple glasses on top of that. Anything less and you're not drinking enough.
Thank you skyqueen!
MrsS1stbaby (11-03-08)
  • imagine imagine's Avatar 11-01-08 | 12:20 AM
  • pump more and drink lots of water! the more you pump and or let her nurse the more your body will make.
    it may take a few days but your body will make as much as the baby needs, and it will know how much the baby needs by how much she nurses or by how much you pump.

good luck and dont stress your doing good!
Thank you imagine!
MrsS1stbaby (11-03-08)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work