Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding >
Liberty is 8 mths she will be 9 mths the 23 Dec and has questions....

Liberty is 8 mths she will be 9 mths the 23 Dec and has questions....

Reply Post New Topic

• LCM2003 09-16-04 | 04:26 PM
  • My breastfed baby is 8 mths almost 9 mths and stands on her own...walking soon????
    She takes to her nube(first cup)during day when she wants with juice and was wondering should I try her on whole milk yet? and how to wean her off the breast to a cup? I do not want her on formula at all and if possible no bottle. She does wake at night to feed yet...
    Being her first Halloween,can I take her trick 'n' treating?
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-16-04 | 06:19 PM
  • It's recommended to not introduce cow's milk to a child until after their first birthday.
    So I wouldn't introduce it until then.

As for Halloween, if she's your first, then I wouldn't take her trick or treating just yet.
    I would still dress her up and take her to a party if you have one to go to... but not knocking
    door to door. I didn't take my DD trick or treating until this past year when she was 2 1/2.
    It was only then that she was starting to 'get' it anyway.

with the almost walking! That's great! 9 months old is a little early for the majority of children but is by no means unusual. I think it's a great time to get going! (albeit a little tiresome for the mommy and daddy)
  • montanachic montanachic's Avatar 09-16-04 | 09:21 PM

•  
    IA with Karen! I"d wait til at least a year to introduce cow's milk. And if you want to show her off take her to friend or family homes to "trick or treat" otherwise I wouldn't bother.

BTW I love her name its beautiful!

• LCM2003 09-16-04 | 10:00 PM
  • Thanks!

I'll have her dressed up and give out candy

hubby and son gots a haunted house thing in the making for the trick and treaters with fog machine already tested.
  • LCM2003 09-16-04 | 10:16 PM
  • my husband's son was raised on whole milk and corn syrup for his mom didn't produce breast milk and allergic to formulas since he was a month and a half and when he is around you cannot keep milk around because he drinks so much of it. my husband is 6'2" and his son is 14 and as tall if not taller and still growing. So hubby wishes to know what is wrong with cows milk?

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work