Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Breastfeeding >
question about pumping now...

question about pumping now...

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 02-17-08 | 06:52 PM
  • i'm sorry, i know i am full of questions, but you ladies seem to know everything!

i plan on returning to work in 10 weeks... however i want to start pumping and getting a supply of breast milk because there are times within the next couple of weeks that i am going to have to have someone watch her and they'll need to feed with a bottle... i want her to take a bottle no problem... especially since i will be returning to work... i plan to breastfeed except when i have someone watch her... when do you all suggest i pump? like after feedings?
  • holly302 02-17-08 | 09:34 PM
  • they told me to do it after feedings, brandi. give the baby all you can first and then pump. GL!
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 02-17-08 | 09:49 PM
  • okay that is what made sense to me... make sure she's satisfied and then pump the rest but i wanted to make sure!

thanks for dealing with me today holly! you're the best!

• imagine imagine's Avatar 02-18-08 | 12:31 AM
  • Holly your becoming a pro at this!! Yes make sure your giving her enough to eat and then once you have a stock in the freezer you can pump at work and any time she is having a bottle so that your not getting to engorged and your supply is staying up both at the breast and the supply in the freezer!
  • holly302 02-18-08 | 02:21 PM

•  
    not a problem! i was in your shoes 3 weeks ago brandi

and thank you imagine...that means alot