Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

teething question

Reply Post New Topic

• Anastasia_B Anastasia_B's Avatar 10-04-04 | 03:20 PM
  • I always hear that when a baby is teething he/she will want to nurse more for comfort. Well, my little man has one and a half teeth and while he's been getting them he's barely wanted to nurse at all. Is that weird or what? Plus, I have NO time to pump so I really hope my supply ends up ok.

• Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 10-05-04 | 12:03 PM
  • hmmm

When Aedan is teething he wakes alot at night so that's when he tends to nurse more. I'm sure your supply will be fine.

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 10-05-04 | 12:16 PM
  • Babies are often needing the comfort while teething, but for some babies it hurts their gums to nurse and they actually nurse less. It just depends on which teeth and which baby it seems.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-05-04 | 04:39 PM
  • yup. My 2 kids didn't want to eat cuz the sucking hurt their gums I guess....

Besides, I never nursed 'for comfort'. Nursing was always business.
  • wantabelly wantabelly's Avatar 10-09-04 | 08:53 PM
  • I find that Ava often eats less when she's sick, or teething. I agree, I think it just depends on the baby.

And just to respond to the comment above about not nursing for comfort: I think that one of the greatest things about breastfeeding is the fact that we bond with our babies and comfort them at the same time as nourishing them. If you're nursing just "for business", you're missing out on one of the greatest joys of life! JMO

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work